Monday, July 20, 2009

Be Impeccable With Your Word

"Be impeccable with your word...through the word you express your creative power. It is through the word that you manifest everything...Depending on how it is used, the word can set you free" - Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements

And so I begin my journey with the above intent. To continue to liberate myself and set my soul free...through my words. Almost 3 years ago I gave myself the name "jenlibr8d". At that time, I had no idea the journey of self-discovery I was about to embark upon. That is a very long story, which I will share bits of pieces of during this blogging experience. I have not reached my destination yet, and although there have been some difficult stops along the way, I've learned great lessons from all of them. And that is what life is all about...

I decided to start out with the quote by Don Miguel Ruiz, an author whose writing has had a major impact on my life. I highly recommend his books to everyone out there, which include The Four Agreements, The Voice of Knowledge, and The Mastery of Love. If you are interested in self improvement, all of them contain life changing lessons.

This blog will sometimes delve into topics related to spiritual journeys, but will also delve into random topics - basically whatever it is I feel like talking about that day. Like my blog title says, I'm a Renaissance Soul. I've taken that part from a book I just bought called The Renaissance Soul: Life Design for People with Too Many Passions to Pick Just One by Margaret Lobenstein. That so aptly describes me. So don't be surprised to see a profound quote one day and the next day find me talking about a great restaurant I went to the other day, or showing you pics of a great dessert I made. From book and movie recommendations to health related topics, societal issues, parental concerns, foodie thoughts, craft projects, me venting my frustrations about what is wrong with the world... and much more. (lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment